Monday, January 21, 2008

Unexpected

After a long, odd day of meetings, I was driving through the freshly snowed streets when I heard the familiar buzz of my phone.
Ugh. It was a day. I just wanted a blanket and my couch.
If I check the message, I'll have to reply and what if it's someone wanting something from me or some kind of favor or something. I'm spent!
But, ah, it was someone wanting to cheer me. I fought the urge to escape into my toasty blanket cocoon and quickly agreed to the plans to take in a little Juno. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I chuckled, giggled, smiled and belly-laughed throughout the movie tonight. Each line was so amazing that I actually tried to hold back the audible laughs so I wouldn't miss the next.

Now, as I'm nestled all snug on my couch, I can't remember why my day felt so rough earlier.
Ahh, the healing powers of friends (and movies) that make me let go and laugh.

No comments: