Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Excitement and Fear

Exciting news! My neighbor, and close friend, Jodie is getting baptized this weekend! After bringing me near tears by sharing the details of a milestone meeting with God this past week, she followed it up with a question. "So, will you please play and sing that one song I love at my baptism on Sunday? It's been going through my head for days. (insert large, pleading eyes here)" Honestly, I was honored.
But, I'd be avoiding a little truth if I didn't admit my churn-of-the-stomach fears:
It will not only require that I walk into and participate in a church service (haven't for a few years now), but I will also be playing in front of people older than 7 years of age.
Ahh, the things you do for friends you love. I'll definitely need a little divine meeting of my own if I'm to play and sing with these rusty chords!

No comments: