Monday, February 25, 2008

24 plus

The following is a list of things I don't want to forget from my 24 plus hours of Minnesota therapy. Sometimes a girl just needs to get away, right? These moments give me a clearer perspective on my life right now:

  • my phone call from Eleanor as I drove the 3 boring hours up north and hearing her sweet voice say, "No way" as clear as day
  • being greeted as I got out of the car by the sight of Caleb sprinting out to hug me and help me carry my bags in
  • seeing Neva and her popped out belly (I can't WAIT to meet baby Ivar!)
  • trading coon stories with the boys
  • hearing about the "tons" of squirrel shot by Caleb
  • sneaking info out of Jake about the school dance the night before, and the dance move demonstrations that followed
  • burning brush and enjoying hanging by the fire late afternoon
  • watching the boys run routes with their dad
  • the unbelievable sunset-glowing over the rolling, snow-covered hills...and the amazing view in every direction
  • the joy of a crowded kitchen
  • making dinner and having the boys in the kitchen goofing around with me, while Pete and Neva relaxed in the other room
  • Caleb's post-dinner request: "Pammy? A little rub-a-dub? Hmm?" apparently, still not to old for snuggling with his aunt, as long as there's a back rub involved
  • Jake's wide-eyed request that followed. He had just woken up from a long nap, asked for a back rub--I, of course, said yes, but then he fell asleep again before he could cash it in!

No comments: