Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm Holding Him in my Heart

Remembering
I heard somewhere that grief doesn't necessarily follow the calendar, but my heart is swelling today. Again, on a day where it feels like it would be easier to have rain, it's sunnier than I'd like. I guess, in another way, it reminds me to live and celebrate his life--as much as I'd like to crawl into a cave and swim around in the sadness.
So instead, with my head filled with pictures and memories of him rubbing his head back and forth, his cough, his voice, his long lashes, his smell, his soft wavy hair, his little yawn, and his indescribable eyes, I'm going to take a little memory walk of my own. Today it is with gratitude (and a touch of selfish sadness) that I wrap those thoughts in my heart and take them for a hike around a lake that I know Will would've loved fishing with me.
Knowing Will for his lifetime has changed mine, and for that I am so blessed.

No comments: